Sunday 6 January 2013

Slimming World Quiche

Hi all!

So part of my new year's resolution was to try some new recipes.  So here's todays...

Slimming World Quiche

Ingredients:
3 eggs
300g tub of cottage cheese
Fry light
Few slices of bacon, all fat removed, chopped
1 onion finely chopped
100g mushrooms chopped
Ham

(I used frozen onions and frozen mushrooms because I always have them)

Fry the bacon, mushrooms and onions in the Fry Light until the onion has softened and the  bacon is nearly cooked.
In  a bowl add the cottage cheese and eggs and whisk until blended.
Pour the onion, bacon & mushroom mix into the bowl.
Line an oven-proof baking dish with ham and pour the mixture in.

Bake in the oven at gas mark 6/200C (fan 180C) for 25-30 minutes.

Serve hot immediately or allow to cool for packed lunches.

You can use any kind of fillings you want and if you're using cheese don't forget to count it as a healthy extra a or syns.

This was my first attempt at making quiche and it was a little bit "sloppier" than I imagined but it tasted lovely.  So I'm allowing the rest to cool and I shall have some for lunch tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was really good! I'm thinking next time ill try some kind of goats cheese version with sweet onion and some greens xo

      Delete